PETGENT PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective date: September 20, 2021
Petgent ("us", "we", or "our") operates the website www.petgent.com
With a focus in using technologies to improve the quality of life, Petgent committed to the principles of respecting your privacy, keeping your data safe, and letting you decide how your information is used and shared.
OUR DATA PRIVACY PRINCIPLES:
- We will only collect data that is useful to process transactions, send periodic emails and to improve Petgent’s products, services and user’s experience;
- We will be transparent and responsible about how we handle the Personal Data in our care, guided by our Five Principles and the law;
- We will never sell your data, and will only share personally identifiable data when you direct us to;
- We will always commit to the continual improvement of our privacy and security practices;
- WHY DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may use your Personal Data for various legitimate purposes including:
- A. Providing the features, products and services you request. We may use the Personal Data we collect to fulfil your requests for, and enable your use of, our features, products and services. This includes payment processing for purchases, subscriptions or sales, and to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- B. Registration, contests and promotions. We may use your Personal Data to enter you in contests if you choose to enter, to notify you of results and to register you for certain features, products and services in line with your marketing preferences. Whenever you contact Petgent for help, we collect your name and email address along with any additional information you provide in your request and store it on our servers in order to provide you with customer service and to improve the customer service. You can also contact Petgent through public forums such as Twitter or Facebook.
- C. To communicate with you and provide you with information and Ask for Help. We may use your Personal Data to communicate with you, to respond to your questions or comments or to provide you with updates and news. And, if you have stated your interest in positions at Petgent, to alert you when matching jobs open.
- D. To provide you with personalized content, information, and to send you brochures, coupons, samples, offers and other information on our products or our family of companies. Where required by law, we ask visitors providing email addresses to tell us if they would like more information or updates from us, such as information about products and services available from our family of companies.
- E. To Create a Petgent Account. When accessing the App and if you want to access data collected by your Device from the Petgent App, you must create a Petgent account. When you create a Petgent account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address, name.
- F. To deliver relevant advertising. We may purchase and use opt-in email lists to contact potential customers. We providing the lists to confirm that contact information is provided only for those who want to receive offers and information by email. We also may use demographic and preference information for advertising to target users for whom they are most relevant. This way, users will see advertising that is most likely to interest them. We honor opt-out requests.
- G. To improve the features, products and services that we offer through the Sites. We may use Personal Data to improve the Petgent family of product offerings, services, as well as our Sites and features.
- H. To activate location features. We store this information along with your other account information in order to provide you with location features. Location features such as mapping, virtual fences and radar are only available if you activate them. When active, Petgent collects data like GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs to determine your specific location and your pets’ specific location. If you are using a mapping feature, we will send your location information to our mapping service provider, so they can display your location on a map. They are contractually prevented from sharing or using this data for any other purpose. You can deactivate these features at any time and Petgent will stop collecting this type of information.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE USE
- A. Basic Account Data. You can deactivate these features at any time and Petgent will stop collecting this type of information.
- B. Your E-mail Address. We do not store your phone’s contact list, and it is deleted immediately after it is used for this purpose.
- C. Your location, Cookies. Location features such as mapping, virtual fences and radar are only available if you activate them. We store this information along with your other account information in order to provide you with location features. If you are using a mapping feature, we will send your location information to our mapping service provider, so they can display your location on a map. They are contractually prevented from sharing or using this data for any other purpose.
- COOKIES AND OTHER WEB TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to: Email address Cookies and Usage Data.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes
Use of Data
Petgent uses the collected data for various purposes:
To provide and maintain the Service To notify you about changes to our Service To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so To provide customer care and support To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service To monitor the usage of the Service To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Petgent may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation to protect and defend the rights or property of Petgent
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.